I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 5 -- Nativity Puzzle

Can you figure out this Christmas puzzle?

The first Sunday in Dec is always the First Presidency Christmas Devotional for our church. I wanted my kids to watch it, but I also know they would have a hard time sitting still. So tonight's activity was this puzzle they could do while listening to the Devotional. I found the puzzle here . We didn't do the scripture part of it, because we have another Scripture countdown we are working on with our family scripture study, but the puzzle was a lot of fun for the kids.

This is actually the puzzle that 6 year old Tyson assembled himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment