I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
Tyson celebrated his 6th birthday on March 8. We had a Secret Agent Birthday party with his friends from school. We had to complete a bunch of training missions in order to earn their agent packets. The kids seemed to have a lot of fun and Tyson told me it was the best day of his life! His present this year was a little tricky. He loves the Lego Agent sets. Well they were discontinued at the end of last year. He was dying to get the Evil Robot set. We searched and searched for one. Bruce finally found one when he was down in St George, and we are so glad! He was so excited when he opened it and saw what it was! This is the Lego Agent cake I made. It turned out pretty neat. We sure love Tyson. His whole life he has been full of energy and excitement! He loves Kindergarten and is becoming a great reader. He loves Legos, trucks, Hot Wheels, and playing the Wii with Kaden. He wants to be a secret agent when he grows up and then the president of the United States. He keeps us on our toes, and says some funny things! Happy Birthday Tyson! We all love you buddy!
My baby is growing up too fast! She is now 6 month old and is full of personality. She is rolling over and sitting up. And of course her first word is DAD! Grrr. Every one of my kids says dad first. We love this baby girl!
So I got tagged to do this forever ago, and I am finally getting around to doing it. List 10 honest things about yourself, then tag 4 people to do the same.
1. I love being a mom. Yes I murmer a lot about it, but when all is said and done, I absolutely love being a mom! I wouldn't want to do anything else!
2. My kids have got to be some of the funniest kids on the planet! They say the funniest things sometimes!
3. I totally hit the husband jackpot. I must have seriously done something awesome in the pre exsistence to have snagged this guy. Either that or the Lord just knew I needed major help and sent me the most awesome guy on the planet.
4. I have a love hate relationship with Cub Scouts. I really love working with the boys and having fun, but I hate how time consuming it can be. And sometimes the boys do drive me crazy. And their parents.
5. I hate the fact that I am getting old. I don't know why, but I do.
6. Even worse than that I hate the fact that my kids are getting older. I miss when they were all still little and I could fix everything with a hug and a kiss. Those dreaded teenage years are getting too close for comfort.
7. I have absolutely no desire to ever be famous. I love my boring life.
8. I watch way too much T.V. It is probably rotting my brain.
9. In my next life, i want to be a cake decorator. I love decorating cakes and coming up with fun ideas, I just wish I could be really good at executing them!
10. I wish I was a more confident person. I wish I didn't care what people think. I wish I didn't overanalyze everything and could just be me without worrying about it.
OK I tag Kacie Erickson Larissa Luke Bobbie Larsen Brittney Fenn Vana Powell (Yeah, that's 5, but I couldn't decide)
This blog is dedicated to celebrating all those ordinary moments that make life so wonderful. I am a mom of 5 beautiful children with one amazing husband. We don't do anything grand, but we love life and each other, and I guess that's all we really need!