I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Sunday, March 21, 2010

What were you doing.....

I got this off my friend Melissa's blog and thought it might be fun. It was a little harder than I expected though.

TWENTY years ago I...
1. Was in 7th grade
2. Had really bad hair
3. Was obsessed with New Kids On the Block

TEN years ago I...
1. Had my first baby
2. Graduated from college
3. Celebrated my 2nd wedding anniversary

FIVE years ago I...
1. Finished my first year teaching preschool
2. Moved to the house we now live in
3. Watched my husband get his Master's Degree

THREE years ago I...
1. Had my 4th baby
2. Survived a very cold winter in Roosevelt
3. Got released from the Primary Presidency

ONE year ago I...
1. Found out we were having one more baby
2. Discovered Facebook
3. Became a Cub Scout Leader

So far THIS YEAR I have...
1. Got a new Cell Phone
2. Lost all my baby weight (Yay!)
3. Freaked out over my kids getting older

YESTERDAY I...
1. Went to Vernal with Tyson
2. Prepared my Relief Society Lesson
3. Made Visiting Teaching Appointments

TODAY I
1. Taught Relief Society
2. Wrestled my baby all through church because she was so wiggly
3. Went Visiting Teaching

TOMORROW I will...
1. Do the Laundry
2. Try to rest and get over this Sinus infection
3. Make a yummy treat for family night

In the NEXT YEAR I hope to...
1. Run a 10k
2. Get some scrapbooking done
3. Have a better attitude about Cub Scouts

EVERYDAY I..
1. Try to be a good Mom and wife
2. Cook delicious meals for my family
3. Try to study and ponder the teachings of the gospel

1 comment:

  1. That is such a fun idea! I am SO doing that! Your life has come so far in 20 years!

    ReplyDelete