I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Friday, March 25, 2011

Misc March Happenings

Here is just a bunch of random stuff we have been doing this month.

Brennen is obsessed with toys lately. I blame it on his obsession with the Toy Story movies. This is what my couch usually looks like by the afternoon.


Brennen got it into his head recently that he wanted his own room, so he pulled the toy boxes away from the wall and made himself a bed there. He slept there for about a week until mom declared he was too cranky from not sleeping well and made him move back to his bed.


Aubree and KAden had Dr Seuss week at their school. I didn't think about taking pictures the first few days, but I did get a picture of "nerd day". Aubree went the classic route with big glasses and hiked up pants. Kaden thinks outside the box though. We printed off a picture of nerds candy and pinned it to his shirt.


Dress as your favorite Dr Seuss character. Kaden is the Cat in the Hat and Aubree is Fox in Socks.


Cambree had a run in with a tile when it fell off the shelf and caught her in the cheek. We are very lucky it wasn't worse than it was!



Aubree did a state project on California. For part of her presentation she had to bring a food from her state. The only thing I could think of was California Rolls. However, I didn't think 5th graders would appreciate sushi very much. I remembered seeing these in Family Fun magazine last April for April Fool's Day. They are made from Rice Krispy treats, gummy worms, and fruit by the foot. They were way fun! (Although we about gave the teacher a heart attack when she thought we brought in real sushi!)

No comments:

Post a Comment