I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Monday, April 25, 2011

Tyson Art Night

East Elementary had their annual Art show. This is a night where all the art work that they have been working on in Art Class is displayed throughout the school. Each class also does a little 15 minute presentation in their classrooms. Tyson's class performed a couple of songs.

The first was "Who Let the Letters Out" which was like "Who Let the Dogs Out" but with all the letter and letter sounds.

The second was "Too De Ta" which was a hillarious song with a little dance that went with it.

After the kids performed it, they got to invite someone from their family up to perform it with them. Tyson picked his dad.

Cambree just sat so quietly in the desk watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment