I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Little Things

The Jazz recently won 12 games in a row. Then they lost 3. After losing the 3rd, Kaden, who is 7 said, "Geez, it's like they've given up or something!" I said that's the Grandpa Rick in him!!

At preschool on St Patrick's Day, we made, magical Leprechaun Liquid, which was lemonade with blue food coloring for the "magic potion". One little boy, looking at every one's green punch moustaches exclaimed "I know why it's magic. We're all turning into Leprechauns!" Too funny.

Another little girl insisted that the leprechaun who we didn't quite catch went to her house. Her mom called this morning and said she spent the whole day looking for him.

When we came in from recess on St Paddy's day, that "leprechaun" had made a mess of our classroom with his leprechaun dust (green confetti). One of the kids asked if I really did it. Another one responded, "How could she? She doesn't leave leprechaun dust when she walks!"

Saturday was the end of an era. Aubree took down all her Princess posters and in their place hung the Jonas Brothers and High School Musical. Am I ready for her to grow up?

I am grateful for angels who answer prayers. Today I was at the grocery store with all my kids. Bruce is in Salt Lake this week. My car door wouldn't shut. The latch wouldn't lift up. I was freaking out and all I could think to do was pray. As I was sitting on the ground in the parking lot, two ladies came over and one said, "oh this happened to me." and then fixed the door. I was so grateful to this complete stranger for answering my prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I love those little stories. It is always nice when someone you don't know is willing to help.

    ReplyDelete