I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Monday, March 23, 2009

Scrapbook USA


Saturday was my Christmas!! I look forward every 6 months to leaving my kids with Bruce and heading out to the city with the girls to go to the Scrapbook USA Expo in Sandy. We honestly have no place to shop for scrapbook supplies here in the Basin, so we all save up for 6 months and stock up. It is so fun to just have a nice leisurely afternoon with my girlfriends. This is me with Holli and Danielle at the Expo. We had so much fun. I was also so excited to find one of my old friends from Cedar City, whom I haven't seen in almost 10 years. It was fun to catch up with Eliza and see pics of her cute kids!

Probably the highlight for me was meeting Casey Scott from 2 news this morning. Holli and Danielle thought I was such a geek, but I had to meet him because I love watching his live shots every morning. He was super nice, and even let me get a picture with him. I know, I'm a nerd.

After the Expo, we went and had dinner at the Mayan at Jordan Commons. Yummy mexican food and a diving show. So fun. I ordered a chicken burrito, and when they brought it out, Danielle and I started laughing because the thing was as long as my forearm! Yes, I'm eating for two, but my heck!
We then headed back to Roosevelt, refreshed and ready to be moms again. Thanks girls for the fun day out!

No comments:

Post a Comment