I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1st Day of School

Another new school year is upon us. I can't believe how big my kids are getting! Aubree is in 4th grade this year, which means a new school. They call it Middle School, but it is an upper elementary for grades 4, 5, and 6. She has a man teacher this year, but he is a great teacher, so we were really excited for her to be in Mr Murphy's class.

Kaden is in 3rd grade this year in Ms Jacobson's class. He is most excited because his best friend is in his class again. He is about the tallest kid in the school, too.

Tyson started Kindergarten this year, which is a big adjustment for me. you would think by the 3rd child, I wouldn't get so emotional, but it is so hard to see them grow up and not need me as much anymore. His teacher is Mrs Riser, which is who Kaden had, so I know she will be great!

My afternoons are so quiet now, with three kids at school and Brennen and Cambree napping. I don't quite know what to do yet. Brennen just wanted his picture taken like everyone else, and it turned out pretty cute.

2 comments:

  1. Amy, in those afternoons, while your kids are sleeping, you should take a little nap too, while it lasts before pre-school starts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh! They are so big! even Brennon looks so grown up! When did that happen? haha! They all look so cute! Did they do a fashion show for ya with their 1st day outfits? haha! love you!

    ReplyDelete