I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Swimming Lessons

The kids had a lot of fun at swimming lessons this year.

For Brennen, his biggest accomplishment was the fact that he got into the pool. The first week, he sat on the side and just watched. So the second week on Monday, I had to get into the pool with him and he was OK after that. He decided being in the water isn't too bad after all.

This was Aubree's first year in Level 3. She struggled a lot, but mostly because she doesn't trust herself. She progressed so much though, and I am so grateful she had an awesome instructor who was such a big cheerleader for her!

Tyson is my little fish. He loves the water. This was his first time in level 2 and he almost passed! This is a picture of his teacher trying to dunk him. Tyson loved to egg him on and try to get dunked. What a funny kid!

Kaden was in level 3 this year, and he passed on to level 4! Great job! He also conquered his nemesis, the diving board. It has been the biggest stumbling block for him for 3 years, but he finally took the plunge! It helped having his best friend in his class with him for encouragement. Now all he wants to do is go off the diving board!

No comments:

Post a Comment