I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Yellowstone

We had so much fun on our big vacation to Yellowstone! There are a lot of pictures on thias post, but it was hard to decide which ones to put up.
The first day we did Old Faithful and the geyser basin. This is Bruce and the kids at Grotto Geyser.

We made Brennen walk a lot. He was pretty worn out. This picture is just too funny!

Watching Old Faithful. We actually saw it blow 3 times from 3 different angles. Pretty cool!

The second day we did the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. On the way there we stopped at the Mud Volcano area. This is the Dragon's Mouth. It was pretty cool. This was actually one of my favorite areas.

The family at Lower Falls. We hiked from Lower Falls to Upper Falls. It was a beautiful area.

This is after the hike. I told the kids to act like they were tired after hiking.

Day 3 was Tower Falls and Mammoth Hot Springs. This is us after hiking down to the base of Tower Falls.

Black Bear we Saw by the petrified tree. We also saw a Grizzley while driving through the Tetons, but of course, the camera batteries were dead.

Elk on the lawn at the visitors center at Mammoth Hot Springs. Brennen wanted to pet them.

The boys thought the idea of Mammoth Restrooms was pretty funny.

Traffic Jam at Yellowstone. The boys decided they wanted to be Buffalo Crossing Guards.

The boys in their coon skin caps.

Getting their Jr Ranger badges. They did a lot of work to earn them.

Our last day in Yellowstone at Fishing Bridge.
Aubree

Kaden

Tyson

Brennen

Cambree

By the Yellowstone sign on our way out.

We stayed our last night in Jackson and went to the Bar J Ranch. Here is our wagon ride.

Bruce and Cambree enjoying the show.

1 comment:

  1. WHat a great vacation! The picture of your son all sprawled out on the walkway is too funny!!!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete