I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Aubree's Testimony


This is my beautiful daughter Aubree. I absolutely adore her! She is very shy and quiet, and really has a hard time speaking in front of people. However, recently I have discovered that every fast Sunday, she gets out her notebook during testimony meeting and writes her testimony down. For her it is a way for her to bear her testimony without being overwhelmed at the thought of standing at the mike in front of everyone. This is what she wrote in Oct after we had been to see the Joseph Smith movie on temple square in Salt Lake.

"I believe that Joseph Smith was a good prophet. He wrote the Book of Mormon. He faced percicution and death so the church could be restored. I would like to follow his example and be a better person. He saved what he loved and I would like to do that too."

I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment