I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween Corn Maze

In order to keep our kids entertained all day until it was time for Trunk or Treat, we took them up to the Bluebell Corn Maze. I think it is great to have such a fun experience here in our little community! We haven't ever been as a family, because the kids always go with their class at school and I always bring a group up for preschool, but this year Aubree didn't get to come for school because the 5th grade doesn't get to go to the corn maze = ( . I'm glad we decided to come because the kids had a really great time!



Sriously! What an awesome dad to take his baby girl down the slide! That's one of the many reasons I love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment