I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Friday, May 6, 2011

Gone Easterin'

Easter for us Emery County folk is a big deal, and because of that , I have always loved Easter weekend! We have always done all the Easter Bunny/ Easter Egg stuff on Sat, so that Sunday could be all about our Savior and His resurection, and that is something I have continued with my own children. In fact, we have always gone to my parents house for Easter, but because of Aubree's ballet recital Friday night, this is the first year the Easter Bunny had to find us at our house. Tyson was really worried about this, but luckily he did find us, so he was quite relieved! He did have to find new hiding places for the candy, because we weren't at Grandma's

Dividing up the booty. Glad I look so cute in my PJ's!

Cambree was more interested in what was inside her basket. She didn't waste any time breaking into the candy. Each kid got a movie and a book.

We then headed over to Grandma's for some good old Emery County Easterin'! It really is a verb where I come from. Everybody heads out to the San Rafael for good food and a whole lotta egg rollin'! I was so excited that all my siblings and their families (other than my sister Larissa's husband who was in the Bahamas) were there for the weekend. We have so much fun when we all get together! Here are all the kids (other than Brennen and Cambree, who were asleep in the car) at Buckhorn Wash. It is a cool place with some Indian writings.

After Buckhorn wash, we found a hill to roll our eggs down. In the Larsen family, the term roll is used loosely, as the eggs always seem to end up flying through the air. I blame my Grandma Sitterud for that one; she always used to start the egg fights when we were kids! Here are Bruce, Aubree, and Cambree with some cousins rolling eggs.

Tyson making the hike back up the hill. Grandpa picked a really steep one this year!

Kaden plotting his next move.

Brennen after a really good throw!

No trip to the desert would be complete without a stop at the wedge! We actually haven't been there for a few years, so my kids were way excited to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment