I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Friday, May 27, 2011

Kaden's Birthday


Kaden's Birthday was pretty much a party all weekend. His birthday fell on a Sunday, so we had his friend party on Friday. On Saturday we went out to see my sister Larissa's new baby and he went shopping to spend all his birthday money and out to dinner. Then Sunday was his actual birthday. It was also ward conference that day and the Stake President invited the bishopric over that evening for dessert and socializing, so everyone there sang to him too. What a fun weekend!

Blowing out his candles.

His Star Wars cake.

Opening presents. He got an Air Hog Chopper and a Star Wars Transformer.
I cannot believe it has been 10 years since he was born. Where has all the time gone? Kaden is a great kid; he is just naturally good. He always does the right thing, not because we want him to, but because it is the right thing to do. I don't know if that made any sense, but I really don't know how to explain it. He is also so kind and is always concerned about everyone's feelings. He doesn't like it when people are being picked on and stands up for others. His teacher this year always commented on the amount of integrity he has and how unusual that was for a 4th grader. He is a straight A student, especially excelling in science. Happy Birthday Kaden! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment