I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Baseball and Tball 2011

We had 2 boys of summer this year. Tyson played pitching machine league and Brennen (finally) played Tball.
Tyson had his first year of pitching machine and he had a great time! He had an awesome coach who really worked with the boys on fundamentals and the basics of the game. He was on the Pirates team.

His coaches wife did team pictures.
This is my favorite picture of Tyson. He just looks so dang cute!

This is Tyson's favorite one because he says he looks tough!

This is his team picture. I love that Coach Troy dressed as a real pirate! He is so much fun!

Each boy got the chance to play catcher at least once. Here is Tyson taking his turn. He said he didn't really like it that much though!

Batting. He actually hit the ball really well when he would watch the ball!

Way to hustle after it!

Baseball ready!

Brennen finally got to play tball after watching his brothers play all these years! Of course he was most excited about getting treats at the end, but can you blame him?
Brennen at the bat!

I'm amazed that we got such a good shot of him catching the ball because usually in the outfield.....

He was doing this.......

or this.

But this picture really captures the reason I love watching my kids play sports!
Yes!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment