I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Sunday, June 26, 2011

St George Trip

My sister Kacie lives in St George, so I decided to take the kids and go visit her for a few days the first week of June. So we left dad home so he could go to work and headed to where it was summer.

We cannot go anywhere without checking out their Dinosaur museum. This is actually a place where a whole bunch of dinosaur tracks have been found. My niece was pretty disappointed that there were no skeletons anywhere. She told her dad that night, "We went to a dinosaur museum that had no dinosaurs!"

We also went to the splash park at the town square. I love that they had this and that it was FREE!!!! The kids had a blast!




Cambree and Brielle sneaking chips. These girls had a lot of fun together!

I'm grateful to my sister and her husband for letting us come and crash at their place. It was such a good week! The kids were grateful to get away to somewhere new for a few days (even if we did have to drive 6 hours to get there!) and I loved being able to visit with my sister, staying up late into the night talking. I miss all my sisters so much and wish they lived closer!

Also apologies for the poor quality of the pictures. I left my camera home, so these are all from my phone, which doesn't take the greatest pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment