I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Monday, January 12, 2009

Brennen 2nd Birthday

The best part of the day was blowing out the candles! Whenever we would ask him about his birthday coming up, he would pretend to blow out the candles. When it came time to actually blow them out, he got so excited that he started screaming and he ended up screaming them out. The video is a crack up.
Brennen with his football player cake. I'm not the greatest cake decorator, but I have fun and the kids seem to like them.




Opening presents is a lot more fun when you know what to do. Brennen got a new piano (Tyson says it it so they can "rock out" together), a remote control cat, and a bouncing tigger. Brennen loves Tigger so much. As soon as he saw the Tigger, he just started hollering "TIGGER"!
I still can't believe that my baby is 2! Now that I'm older, time sure seems to pass a lot faster. It is so fun though tto see his little personality coming out. He loves Tigger, any kind of ball, and also playing in the kitchen, much to my dismay sometimes. He is a big helper too. He clears his plate every night after dinner and even scrapes the leftover food into the trash. He also loves music and loves to watch the Tabernacle Choir on Sunday Mornings. What a kid!
Happy Birthday Brennen! We love You!



1 comment: