I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Things I learned this week

So blogging is becoming my new addiction. I love reading all the links I find from one blog to another. Today I found this and wanted to play along.

What I learned this week:
1. Vernal Wal Mart sucks. Seriously. I can never find anything there that I need. Even Price Wal Mart is better.
2. My kids are hillarious! I just need to remember to take the time to laugh at them instead of getting upset at them all the time.
3. Just when you think you have your life all planned out, God throws a wrench in those plans. More about that later.
4. I am really and truly blessed in my life. As I look at so many people whom I love dearly and all the struggles they have to go through, my problems seem pretty lame and silly. Seriously, myself, my husband and my kids are all healthy; my husband has job security, which seems to be in short supply these days; we have a roof over our heads (a family in our ward lost their home to a fire Sunday morning); and there are so many other things. The Lord really has blessed my life, and I am grateful!

I am trying to post the link, but I can't get it to work. The site is www.musingsofahousewife.com. Sorry, technology is beyond me sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you played. Those are good things you learned.

    ReplyDelete