I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Friday, July 31, 2009

Fackrell Family Reunion


The 3rd weekend of July is always the Fackrell Family reunion. This is Bruce's mom's family. It honestly is such a fun reunion. This family is so neat! I love being a part of it. I didn't get many pictures because of camera issues, but this is a picture of the Guymon family who was there. This year we did shirts to honor Bruce's oldet brother who died of ALS (Lou Gerhig's diesease) in September. On the back was a palm tree with the words Be Still. David's motto the last few months of his life was "Be Still and Know that I am God." There was such a reverant feeling as his son explained the meaning of the shirts to everyone.
There were also lots of fun things going on. The kids always do a treasure hunt. This year's was reallly cool because the older kids put it together for the younger ones. They also tubed down the canal which Kaden was excited to be big enough for this year. Saturday night is swimming at the Lyman pool, which is the funnest pool I have ever been to. There's lots of food, lots of conversation an catching up, lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment