I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Salt Lake Vacation Day 3 & 4

Thursday morning we went to the Utah Museum of Natural History at the U of U. I don't have any pictures of that because we were still having camera issues, but it was pretty fun. Not near as fun for the kids as the museum at Thanksgiving Point, but I think they still enjoyed it. They have their frog exhibit in the summer and the kids really liked that and the bug exhibit. Also, Kaden wowed the lady working in the Dinosaur exhibit with his plethora of knowledge about Dinosaurs. He is a really smart kid! We also learned that the first Utah T Rex was discovered by Orangeville Utah!
After that we went to the Gateway and to the Discovery Gateway aka the children's museum. My kids could stay there all day! These pictures come from the Kid Town exhibit. If you have never been there I highly recommend it to anyone with children.
>
A lot of the activities encourage cooperation and working together. Here is Aubree working the kid town crane.

Kaden at the kid town farm riding the "horse".

Of course Tyson was working in the kid town water center. Any opportunity to get messy is alright with him!

Brennen loved being a firefighter -- wearing the hat and driving the truck. He is still working on the whole cooperation bit though.
After lunch at the Food Court, we went to the Clark Planetarium. They have a lot of hands on exhibits that my kids love, and it is absolutely FREE!!!! You cannot beat that! Aubree and Brennen decided to "go to the moon".


Kaden and Tyson went a little farther to "Mars"


The IMAx movies are not free, but we had one included in our connect pass. Here we are in our glasses waiting for "Under the Sea 3-D" to begin. The kids really liked this show, as did mom and dad. Brennen just slept through the whole thing. It was his nap time after all.

This is what Brennen's face looked like through most of the trip until we went.....

here. Brennen absolutely loves the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and watches their broadcasts with intensity every Sunday morning, so we took them to a practice of the choir Thursday night. Then his face looked like this

He was so cute as soon as we walked in, his eyes got big and he looked up at Bruce and said "Choir?" like he couldn't believe we were there to see them live.
Thursday night we also had dinner at the Lion House, which was included in our connect pass and took a tour of the Beehive House, which the kids surprisingly enjoyed.
Friday morning we took the kids to Build a Bear to use up the rest of their gift certificates from Christmas. Then it was off to see Ice Age 3 in 3D. Really not worth the extra money, but the kids had fun.
Then we headed to Mountain View Wyoming for the Fackrell Family Reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment