I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Larsen Reunion

We had a great time last weekend going to Cleveland to the Larsen family reunion. We always have it the weekend closest to Grandpa's birthday, Aug 12. It is so fun to go and see all of my cousins and their kids. I can't believe how big some of them are getting. We have a big pot luck dinner, and Grandma makes her famous (at least in our house) chicken wings. Bruce and Kaden could eat them all day! Then they have lots of games. Kaden had a great time with the games, and did really well! Aubree loved the hula hooping! Tyson just wanted to dig in the sawdust pit for prizes. Brennen had fun until I offered to hold Kacie's little girl, then he got a little jealous. (Thanks Rissa for the pic) And to top off the day, we went ice blocking (Yep, we're rednecks!) Thanks to everyone who made it such a fun day!







No comments:

Post a Comment