I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Aubree is 11!

Honestly? Where does the time go? I can't believe it has been 11 years since my Aubree was born! I hope she had a great day!

She decided she wanted a Hogwarts Cake from Harry Potter. She loves the books. It turned out pretty good!



I had to laugh as she was opening her presents, because she is at that weird age, where she's not a little kid anymore, but not a teenager yet, so she got a barbie doll and some Pixos, but also nail polish and hair stuff!
I am so proud of Aubree and the Young Woman she is turning into. She has had some struggles with shyness and anxiety, but she also works so hard to overcome those things. She is an incredibly smart girl who loves to read. In fact, at PT conference her teacher said that she has to remind her all the time to put her book away and finish her work!!! IF that's the worst problem she has, we are in good shape! She loves Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, anything Disney Channel, and cranking up her music and dancing around! I love watching her grow up and experience life! Love you Princess and are so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment