I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Brennen #4!!!

My baby Boy turned 4 on January 11th. I can hardly believe it! We had such a fun couple of days celebrating his birthday with him.

Lately he has totally been into Toy Story, so we decided to get him a Toy Story bike, since the little bike the other kids used is completely hammered. He was pretty pumped to see that big present there for him to open!


This is his "Bumble" cake. For those of you who may not know what a Bumble is, it is the snow monster from the Rudolph the red nose reindeer TV special. For some reason this year he fixated on the bumble, and it continued after Christmas. So the week before his birthday when I asked him what kind of cake he wanted, I thought he was going to say Toy Story or Mickey Mouse, so the Bumble completely caught me off guard. But I LOVE how this cake turned out! And I love that he is probably the only kid in the history of the world to have a bumble cake!

After we had already bought his presents, I saw this stuffed Bumble at Build a Bear, so I decided instead of giving him the birthday money Grandma sends, I would use the money and order this for him instead. I'm so glad that I did! He is in love with this little guy and takes it with him everywhere!
I feel bad that I didn't get any pictures of his party that we had with his friends. It was a pretty wild event, but very very fun!

I sure love my little Brennie! He makes me crazy sometimes, but for the most part he is pretty sweet and lovable. He always has to wear a costume, as you can probably tell from the pictures. He loves the color blue and loves to eat pizza and chocolate. He loves being in preschool and is learning a lot. We are grateful to have him a part of our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment