I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kaden's 8th Birthday

So i can't believe it, but Kaden turned 8 over the weekend. They grow up so fast! We had kind of a whirlwind birthday weekend. Friday night was Fathers and sons campout, so we hurried and opened presents before they left. We got him a new bike and all his cub scout stuff. He needed his scout stuff Thursday, so that didn't get wrapped, and it's hard to wrap a bike. I wanted him to have something to open, so I took a picture of the bike and put it in a frame. When he opened the frame and saw the bike, he asked excitedly, "Is this a Clue?" He ran to the room the picture was taken and there was his brand new bike1


He wanted a Transformer party just like his brother, so I did the exact same cake, but I am pretty proud of my cake skills lately, so I will post it again. We had his party Saturday afternoon. We didn't have a great turnout because of everything that was going on, but he still had fun.
After the party, the kids and I packed up and went to Delta for Steve and Lesli's new baby's blessing. We had a little party for him and Kacie's little girl who shares his birthday. I think that was the most fun, just being with all the cousins. Although it was hectic, we had a great weekend.
We love Kaden so much and are so proud of the Young Man he is becoming. I can't believe how grown up is is becoming. He is so excited to be a Cub Scout! He is also one of the kindest and most caring people I know. He makes sure everyone is included and is a friend to everyone! We are so blessed to have him in our family.

2 comments:

  1. A Transformer Cake!?! You are one AWESOME MOM! Seriously that is awesome. You should be mom of the year :) I WANT that cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture of all the cousins! I bet you are glad may is almost over! sheeesh! love you!

    ReplyDelete