I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Programs and Recitals

So this is what I have been doing all Spring. There is nothing more fun than watching my kids perform.

Kaden's School program. It was about rocks and minerals. Kaden was a TV. It was a cute program, and he learned so much about geology.

Aubree's school program. The third grade always does a cultural program and this year they learned about Polynesia. It was the coolest program to watch. They did dances from all the different islands. The boys even did the Haka, which was a hoot. The girls did a hula and that was way fun. She also learned a lot in her program.

Tyson's tumbling recital. Their class did a routine to the song from Kung Fu Panda, thus the karate outfits. His tumbling class is such a blast to watch, because it is a bunch of preschool boys with way too much energy. This is Tyson's teacher, Troy, helping him do a back flip.

Kaden was in the school choir "Musical Mustangs" this year. Their spring program was all about dinosaurs, which was perfect for him. It was a cute program, with some fun songs. Kaden yawned through the whole thing though, because this day was also his first day of Cub Scouts, and he was so excited he woke up that morning at 6:00. By the time his 7:00 p.m. program rolled around, he was bushed.

Aubree's ballet recital. Aubree has the BEST ballet teacher and her program was beautiful! It was based on the book "On the Day You Were Born" and each class was a different part of nature. Aubree's class was the ocean waves. I can't believe how graceful Aubree has become. This is her with our neighbor and best friend Darby. (Thanks to Darby's mom for the pic.)

Tyson's preschool graduation. He did both morning and afternoon since his mom is the teacher. This is our classes doing the "montherana". It's the macarena to the months of the year song. I am so sad to see him be finished with preschool. I can't believe he is big enough for Kindergarten!

1 comment: