I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Thursday, May 7, 2009

My random thoughts today

OK, am I the only person in America not in love with Adam Lambert (American Idol)? Seriously, he really scares me. And every time he sings, I feel like I'm watching some freaky rock opera. My boy is Kris Allen. Super talented and super good looking. And along those lines, I'm really miffed with the judging panel this year and their blatant favoritism of Adam Lambert. Seriously. Sometimes I fast forward through their comments because I can't stand to watch his "groupies" Kara and Paula wet themselves with joy over how wonderful he is. And of course he was the best of the night this week. Who else can sing rock. I don't want to hear Danny and Kris sing rock.
Along the same line, I think that we need to eliminate both Paula and Kara from American Idol. Their critiques are toatally irrevelvant. Let Randy and Simon be the judges. No more overtime shows, and the judges comments will actually mean something. Just a thought.

I've been thinking a lot this week about PTA. Let me preface this by saying that I think PTA is a great organization and does a lot for our kids and our schools. However does it really need to be so time consuming. Couldn't I actually be a better mom by spending all the time I spend volunteering for PTA and organizing projects with my children? I think sometimes we as women tend to take things a little over board at times. The programs are great. Let's just make them a little simpler. Then we have more time o spend with our children. Isn't that why we had them in the first place?

I love watching T Ball games. I love that most of the kids don't have a clue what they are doing. I love that they are in the out field chasing butterflies and throwing their mitts in the air then trying to catch them. I love that they don't even know where to run when they hit the ball. I think that they are going to grow up too fast and start being competitve too soon, so I enjoy just watching them play the sport to have fun and be with friends.

I have decided that the worst month of the year is MAy. We take a lot of things and try to cram them all in before the school year ends. Why do we do that? Why not spread it all out over a few months? I have honestly not been able to sleep for a week thinking of all the things I need to do in the next two weeks and wondering if I can even do it all.

Thanks for letting me post my random thoughts. If you are even still reading. I just sometimes like to ramble........

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes you need random thoughts. I am considering not even joining PTA next year. Every meeting I have gone to this year I just listen to some lady talk about her son's peanut allergy. I just quit going. I am only volunteering in the class from now on.
    On a side note your kids new pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! I can just hear your voice when im reading these and just have to chuckle! I love it! I wondered how you felt about american idol this year. I love Kris too. I never really get to whach cuz i dont have dvr and macie has dance on tuesdays! ughhh. so i whach the results and get the jest of it! I know what ya mean about may too! Its craziness and i dont even have kids in school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO with you. I fast forward when Adam sings. He's horrible! Nothing would compel me to ever listen to him outside of the show.

    I'm actually really surprised Kris made it this far. He's got the boy-next-door vib.

    My fav is Danny. I just really love the Robert Downey, Jr. thing he has going on.

    They should totally ditch the girl judges. It's a bunch of hoo-ha and blahdee-blah and gushy-gush. That's why I love the DVR. I just fast forward right to Simon's critique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't joined PTA since my youngest was in Kindergarten. Our PTA prided itself on a major activity every month. When parents got tired of it and quit volunteering, they sent nasty, berating emails saying it would be our (the parents) fault that the children would not get to have the school carnival and that we HAD to step up and volunteer. It totally turned me off. I always say that PTA activities are for people who don't have church activities.

    Now they are totally into Greenwashing. Every fundraiser has to be "carbon neutral". It's so silly.

    I like Adam - he's very talented. But, I would never buy his music. He needs to do a Meatloaf cover album. He's theatrical rock.

    ReplyDelete