I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Build a Bear






We took the kids to build a bear to redeem their gift certificates they got from Uncle David for Christmas. I love build a bear because their personalities really shine through. Aubree got a High School Musical Bear she named Sharpay which she dressed in a fancy sequined dress and shoes with sunglasses. It also says different phrases from High School Musical.
Kaden got a Koala named Nigel (who is a guy on his favorite Dinosaur show). It makes a magical sound and is dressed like an Army Ranger.
Brennen picked a Panda Bear, and then lost interest in the whole process. So Bruce picked a red football jersey for it. He asked me what should the name be and I said just put something in. Well he named the bear Paul Kruger after his favorite Utes player. And the kicker is he taught Brennen to say Kruger, so I guess that name is stuck!
Tyson's was my favorite. It was a black bear with a roar. He put a green frog t shirt on it with shamrock boxer with black army boots (he called them tap shoes). It is also holding an American Flag. He first named it Silly Bear, but then changed it to America Bear after Aunt Shannon asked him what the American Flag was for and he informed her that his bear is the President of the United States!!
Thanks Uncle David for the fun present!!! We love and miss you every day!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Im glad you guys had so much fun. what a cool experience taking them to the temple. i wish i could have taken macie. she always wants to go to the temole when we go so that would have been cool. im sad we didnt get to see you guys! We will have to try again soon. love you! PS good job on the background! so cute!

    ReplyDelete