I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Temple Open House

We took our kids to the Draper temple open house on Valentine's day. What a neat experience that was. They really learned a lot I think and felt the spirit. Before we went up to the temple, we watched a video about the purpose of temples. Tyson leaned over to me and said, "Mom this movie makes me feel good inside!" I explained to him that it was the Holy Ghost telling that temples are special places!
The kids were so reverent and respectful through the whole temple. They were good about climbing all the stairs and walking for so long. Afterwards, they had a lot of questions and we did our best to answer them. They all commented on how good they felt inside while we were in the temple. It was such a neat experience we had together as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment