I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Friday, February 6, 2009

Peaceful Shopping Day

So today is Friday and on Friday's I take the two little boys and go grocery shopping and do errands. At the grocery store they have the little trucks that they like to ride in, so I popped them in and off we went. About 1/3 of the way through, I looked down because they were being so quiet, and Brennen had nodded off. I kind of chuckled and went on my way. About 5 minutes later, a lady grabbed me and told me to look at the boys. Lo and behold, they had both fallen asleep. It was so precious. I wish I had a camera to capture that moment. Everyone in the store was laughing and admiring them, and I had the most peaceful shopping trip I have had in 9 years!

1 comment:

  1. That is nice. My kids don't even get in the cart anymore. Sounds like a nice day.

    ReplyDelete