I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

One of our favorite family traditions is carving pumpkins the Family Night before Halloween. The kids have a blast designing their pumpkin faces and having Mom and Dad carve out the faces.

Aubree

Who's scarier, Tyson or the pumpkin?

I don't know why Kaden is kissing his!

Cute pumpkin for a cute baby!

Brennen

All the kids with their Jack o Lantern's all lit up!

No comments:

Post a Comment