I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Soccer

The boys just finished up their fall soccer season. It has been a fun year, and we were really blessed to have such great weather this season.

Kaden has really improved as a player over the past 2 years. He really shines as goalie. He only let 4 or 5 goals past him the whole season. Too bad he didn't play goalie on the day I brought my camera.

Tyson had a fun year on a team full of girls this year. There was only one other boy on his team. Bruce ended up coaching him again this year and so that was a lot of fun. He really gets in there and gets after the ball. He even scored a few goals this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment