I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Family Night Bowling

For family night we decided to go bowling. What a fun night we had!
First we had to get the rockin shoes! The uglier the better!


Aubree is such a ballerina! She is so graceful even when she bowls!

Kaden got a strike on his first frame. We all thought we were in trouble! Alas, it was beginners luck.

Tyson was so fast it was hard to snap a picture of him! The best part of the night for him was the fact he beat his big brother by 2 points!

Brennen was a riot to watch! He just had so much fun! He didn't care how many pins he knocked over, he just liked to roll the ball!

The biggest challenge was keeping Cambree out of the way! She wanted to be right in the thick of things!

The proclamation on the family states "Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities." I think sometimes we work so hard in teaching our children these other principles, that we forget to include these wholesome recreational activities! Our children had such a great time, and I think things like this open up the lines of communication because we can let loose and just have fun with our families!

No comments:

Post a Comment