I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Monday, October 18, 2010

Truffle Cupcakes



So these are totally my new favorite dessert! They are so yummy! I found this recipe in Taste of Home magazine.

To make the truffles:
In a small saucepan melt 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk, and 1 tablespoon butter over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons vanilla. Put into a small container and refrigerate covered at least 1 hour.

For the cupcakes:
1 package devil's food cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cups oil
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons vanilla

Combine all ingredients and beat until well blended (about 2 minutes)

Fill paper lined muffin cups about 1/3 full. Roll truffles into 1 inch balls. Drop a truffle into the center of each cupcake. Top with remaining batter, making sure truffles are covered. Bake at 350 degrees for 17-22 minutes. Cool and then top with whipped cream.
These are pretty simple to make, but oh so yummy! My husband told me they were the best cupcakes he has ever eaten!

No comments:

Post a Comment