I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Sunday, October 24, 2010

UEA Weekend / Hogle Zoo


For UEA weekend, we took the kids out to the city to the zoo. (I apologize for the pictures, there was a smudge on my camera lens) We had such a fun time and the weather was perfect!

The main reason that we went is because I wanted to see Zuri the baby elephant. She was born 2 weeks before I had Cambree. It was not disappointing; she was adorable!

The kids had a ball riding the train! It is always a highlight of the trip!

We also love riding the carousel. Do you love Kaden's "Rock On" sign?

Aubree on the carousel!

Tyson and Brennen loved this elephant statue. Through the whole zoo Brennen kept saying he wanted to see the "sneeze elephant". Here is Tyson getting sprayed full on.

Here is Brennen seeing how he measures up to the gorilla's.

Cambree was not so sure about the carousel, but she seemed to have a fun time through the rest of the zoo.
We are grateful to our dad for taking a few days off work for our little mini vacation. We also hit Temple square, but of course I forgot my camera. We took our kids to see the Joseph Smith movie, which had a huge impact on them. I love seeing my kids testimonies grow through special experiences we have.
The weekend ended with our annual trip to Chuck E Cheese. Fun for the kids, endurable for mom and dad. A great weekend overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment