I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fackrell Family Reunion 2011

Some of the highlights of the 2011 Fackrell family reunion....
Riding the horses.

Kaden going solo

Cambree's first time on a horse!

Brennen -- What a change from last year when he screamed and was petrified!

Aubree with her dad. She rode by herself too, but I was changing the camera batteries and didn't catch it.

My husband looks good on a horse !

Tyson was really scared to ride the horse and the only person he would ride with was uncle daryl. Here is the begining of the ride....

And here he is hanging on for dear life at the end!

It wouldn't be family reunion without the water fight! Kaden and Tyson were right in the thick of it.


Brennen and cousin Conner on the tractor. These two boys got to be pretty good buddies!

Of course Cambree had to take her turn!

Jumping on the trampoline is always fun.

The kids loved going for rides with Aunt Maxine!

One morning I walked around the house and saw these boys lined up and just giggling. I wondered what was so funny. I kept walking and soon I saw what was going on.

The big boys were launching water balloons at them and they were just loving it! Too fun!
We always have a great time at the Fackrell family reunion and are so grateful to Uncle Kenny and Aunt Bobbie for opening their home and for everyone else who works so hard to make it a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment