I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Another summer means another round of swimming lessons.
Aubree did level 4, which caused a little drama, because she never passed level 3, but there were no spots available in level 3, so I put her in level 4. She did pretty well, but she just needs to learn to trust herself.


Kaden did 2 weeks of level 4, passed it, so then did 2 weeks of level 5. He has really become an amazing swimmer this year.


Tyson did 2 weeks of level 2 and passed so then he did 2 weeks of level 3. He might have passed level 3, but he is still afraid of deep water.


Brennen did the preschool level and probably made the most progress of all the kids. Last summer, he wouldn't even get in the water, so to see him not only get in, but put his head under the water and jump off the side was amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment