I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

UBIC Kids' Triathalon

This year Kaden decided he wanted to do the kids triathalon for UBIC. I was so proud of him for doing it, but also so nervous, so I didn't go watch. I made Bruce take lots of pictures though. They don't keep times or anything, it's totally just for fun, which I love. He did the Sprint division which consists of swimming the length of the pool down and back, a one mile bike ride, and a half mile run. (They also have an Olympic division which is 3 lengths of the pool, a 3 mile bike ride, and a mile run, which Kaden wants to do next year.)

Kaden and his dad at the end of the tri.

Kaden with his friend Danny and Danny's brother William. They all think they are pretty tough. And they are!

These are all the kids from our ward who participated.

Getting ready to swim.

Running the last part. Bruce didn't get any bike pictures.

All the kids who participated. I'm so proud of Kaden. He is starting to become quite an athlete, now that he has discovered how important it is to practice in order to be good at something! I'm proud that he dared to try something new, which makes him a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment