I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cambree Turns 2

Cambree turned 2 on Aug 19th. I am sitting here wondering where the last 2 years went! It seems like only yesterday that I held her in my arms for the first time. We did a Pinkalicious birthday for her this year. If you have never read the book, it is about a girl who eats so many pink cupcakes that she turns pink. It is Cambree's absolute favorite book.
For her cake we made her a giant pink cupcake.

Blowing out the candles.

The outside of the cake.

The inside of the cake. I tried to make it pink. I should have used "more, more, more" pink!

Opening the first present.

It's Goldilicious, Pinkalicious's pet unicorn! Cambree already has a Pinkalicious doll, which she loves to death. Now she has the unicorn.

Opening her next present.

It's a scooter! She is always trying to ride the big kids scooters, so we decided to get her her own that is just her size!

I'm so grateful to have Cambree in our family. Heavenly Father knew our family would not be complete without her and her spunky little personality. I thank Him everyday for this wonderful, surprise gift I received.

No comments:

Post a Comment