I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want there to be a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sitterud Reunion 2011

The weekend of the 24th was the Sitterud Family Reunion. This was the first year we have been able to attend and I was so excited! We grew up down the street from Grandpa and Grandma Sitterud and had most of our cousins close. So these are the people I grew up with!
The theme of the reunion was "All because Neldon and Lola fell in Love" My grandparents had the most amazing love story, so it was really fitting to celebrate that.
This is Grandpa Sitterud in the yellow hat. Grandma has been gone for 4 years now, but we still miss her a lot!

Planting a wildflower garden for Grandma. She loved flowers. We also painted prayer rocks and put together puzzles and bracelets.

Uncle Kirk and Aunt Karen were in charge of the reunion, and we are so grateful for all the work they put into it. (And thanks to my cousin Jen who took most of these pictures!)

It wouldn't be a Sitterud reunion without a sawdust pit! All the adults empty out all their spare change and throw it into the sawdust. Then the kids have a turn to search for as much money as they can find in 3 minutes. We did it as kids and now it's fun to watch my kids have a turn!





Even the adults got in to the action!

I'm so grateful for the heritage that I have. I am grateful for the wonderful family I was raised with and the influence it has had on my life. I was so blessed to live so close to such wonderful grandparents who have such an impact on my life! I loved and admired my Grandma for as long as I can remember, and my Grandpa continues to be one of my heroes in this life! I am truly truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment